A community effort to ‘Bring Da King’

Dave and Isabelle (Broca’s Area) and Scarborough Dude (DicksNJanes) are leading the charge to raise funds to help bring James Whittingham (Regina Radio) to Podcasters Across Borders 2008.  The initiative, called Bring Da King, has raised $200 in small donations...

Red Fridays take a new meaning for me

My family and I just returned from a send-off party. One of the community parents is leaving this Sunday to complete preparations before he departs for a tour of duty in Afghanistan. A large group of families gathered to wish him well and show support to his family. I...

Web 2.0.08

I just re-read the blog post in which I made some predictions for 2007 (See: An eye on 2007). It’s amazing how misdirected you can be in just a few paragraphs. It was fun, though, to think ahead and wonder about what would happen. So, to entertain myself on a...

Open vs. closed system communities

Earlier today, Jeff Pulver asked the question “Where Have all the Comments Gone?” on his blog. I tend to comment on blogs in waves. It really depends on my availability to not only read the post, but the time and attention to comment in a way that...