Conversation with Brian Conley

I met Brian Conley in September at PodCamp Philly. It was one of those meetings and conversations that you always remember because the person is so passionate, so committed to making this world a better place. Brian is one of the forces behind Alive in Baghdad, a...

On the business of new media and social media

If I charged a nickel to everyone that asked me how to make money from podcasting and blogging, I’d have model for recurring revenue in new media and social media. I may even be rich by now. My answer to the question has been consistent: develop your skills as a...

It’s about who you know

Like many people immersed in social and new media technologies, I regularly receive friend requests through services like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. About 60% of the time, I know or have met the person from whom the request originates. The rest of the requests...

Commenting for charity

For the month of December, I will donate $1 to the Children’s Wish Foundation for each comment on my blog that contributes to the conversation.  Have your voice heard and make a difference at the same time. I challenge other bloggers and podcasters to do the...