Not surprisingly, a significant majority of Idle No More tweets came from Canada. In fact, Canada accounted for 79% of all chatter, followed by the United States (16%). The remainder of international mentions combined for 6% of all traffic.
The following table shows the top-10 countries leading in the “other” countries slice.
|Country||Percent of “other”|
|Papua New Guinea||3%|
The following global heat map shows from where tweets originate, illustrating that the Idle No More movement attracted international interest. The more dense the concentration of issued tweets, the larger the red dot.
Index of my Idle No More at two months analysis series:
- Idle No More at two months: traffic analysis
- Idle No More at two months: evolution of a community
- Idle No More at two months: gender
- Idle No More at two months: public sentiment
- Idle No More at two months: geography
- Idle No More at two months: top 10