Calling all creators — anyone who cooks meals, makes quilts, produces videos, paints, writes books, designs spaces, composes music, sculpts, takes pictures, etc… The first ever CreatorCamp, an event that celebrates the creative part of creative pursuits, is taking place in Ottawa in exactly three weeks.
CreatorCamp has one organizing principle… sessions MUST be about creating something (and by CREATING, we don’t mean revenue, audience, market share, connections, Twitter-followers). Sessions should showcase the creative process and highlight key lessons and ideas that can be applied to any creative project.
- What: CreatorCamp Ottawa 2010
- Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010
- Time: 7pm to 10pm
- Where: Patty Boland’s1, 2nd floor (101 Clarence Street – MAP)
- Capacity: 100 people max
- Registration: Click here to register using our EventBrite page
- Cost: All registrants are STRONGLY encouraged to bring $10 for the Ottawa Food Bank
- Hashtag: #CCyow2010
Current registrants are Bob Goyetche (founder), Andrea Ross, CC Chapman (he’ll be in town for SMB Ottawa) and Sue Murphy. If you’re interested, join the Wiki and add yourself to the list of CreatorCamp Ottawa registrants.
The rules are pretty much the same as any other “camp” event.
- Create an event YOU would like to attend
- All attendees must be treated equally and be allowed to participate (subject to limitations of physical space).
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet (if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should quietly walk out and do something else)
- The financials of a CreatorCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.