After publishing my House of Tweets report on the use of Twitter by Members of Parliament, I decided to follow-up with some of the most involved and self-Twittering MPs on the way social media is changing the way politicians engage with the public, and the evolution of the relationship Canadians have with their elected officials.
I had the privilege of speaking with Liberal MP Denis Coderre and NDP MP Libby Davies about their use of Twitter. Unfortunately, Heritage Minister James Moore was unavailable. This podcast features the full-length version of the round table discussion. The podcast was recorded for the Fleishman-Hillard PoliticalView.ca group blog.
Topics addressed include:
- Twitter as a channel for personal and political-professional communication
- Twitter in humanitarian efforts and advocacy
- engagement vs broadcast mindsets
- Tweetups (gatherings organized through Twitter)
- managing individual opinions
- digital economy