Mark is a natural speaker that lights up the room when he speaks.
His presentation had the right combination of knowledge, imagination and entertainment.
– A. Vargas, Ipsos Reid
Mark was fantastic, I would have liked to hear more from him. Very relevant.
–Public Affairs Officer, Government of Alberta
A truly eye opening speech; thought provoking. I will definitely look at marketing in a new light.
–D. Picard, City of Ottawa
- Digital Eye Contact -
- Breaking Down the Silos: How digital is changing communications and public affairs – The rise of social media, the compressed news cycle and digital culture are all changing the face of public affairs. This session is adapted from my research and coupled with my experience as a panelist at the Breaking Down the Silos event which involved over 40 communications professionals considering the future of the communications industry.
- Onramps to Digital Engagement - Digital profiles accrue over many small interactions. In this presentation I explore digital communications and how outreach and content in a variety of forms (text, audio and video) can be used as onramps to engagement and relationship building.
- Content Paleontology: One approach to media production workflow and creative process - I’ve created a lot of multimedia content over the years. Most of my production work involves helping others tell their own story. I’ve become very comfortable with an approach to audio and video production that allows stories to reveal themselves instead of relying on a writing and production team to decide how stories should be written and presented.
Upcoming speaking and teaching engagements
- May 31: Social Capital Conference (Ottawa, ON)
- Jun 10: Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) National Conference 2013 (Gatineau, QC)
- June 14: Northern Voice (Vancouver, BC)
Previous events, venues and organizations
- Algonquin College
- Association for Bright Children (ABC) Ottawa Chapter
- Association of Jewish Libraries 2009 Annual Convention
- Bayer AG, Germany and Canada
- BookCamp TO
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting, 2010
- Canadian Journalism Foundation
- Catalyst Institute Webinar
- Corporate Podcasting Summit USA
- CPRS Ottawa Take the Leap… from Good to Great
- CPRS Ottawa A Taste of Conversations 2013
- Government of Alberta
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Ottawa
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Toronto
- IABC World Conference 2011, San Diego
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Intranets for Corporate Communications Conference
- Kidlit Conference
- Legal Aid Alberta
- Microsoft’s Ignite Your Career Webcast
- National Campus-Community Radio Conference
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Social Media Conference
- PodCamp Boston
- PodCamp Montreal
- PodCamp Ottawa
- PodCamp Philly
- PodCamp Toronto
- PAB Conference
- Public Affairs Summit
- Radio Without Boundaries
- Social Media Breakfast Ottawa
- Social Media in Government Conference, Ottawa and Edmonton
- TEDxOttawa (an Independent TED event)