Complain all you want about it, Twitter’s 140-character limit is its unfair advantage. It’s constraint based creative communication at its best. Here are five reasons written using fewer than 140 characters, each.
- Immediacy. Being short means tweets are fast to compose issue, read and pass long.
- Focus. Having too much space means people try to fill it with unnecessary details.
- Brevity. Some people just need to be forced to cut themselves off.
- Un-Facebook. Twitter is not Facebook. They both have their roles. 140 is Twitter’s unfair advantage.
- Outcomes. 140 facilitates quick delivery of customer service, fact-checking, crowdsourcing and more.
There’s a reason Twitter is THE platform for breaking news, humanitarian coordination, and urgent real-time communication… and zingers.
The infographic is also available as a high-quality PDF.